There are innumerable universities offering Design Courses for the aspirants. Some of the best universities for the fashion design aspirants are listed below-
It was established in the year 2012 for imparting the best quality education to the fashion aspirants. It is situated in Sushant Lok II, Sector 55, Gurgaon, National Capital Region (NCR), and India. It is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and now has become a private university. The main objective of the university is to offer infrastructure, facilities, ambience and educational culture in such a way that the students feel empowered to explore their passions and develop in every manner. It is one of the top rated fashion design university for the aspirants. The admission process for the same is available on the official website of the university.
Courses offered –
- Des-FT (Fashion & Textile) – 4 Years
- Des-IA (Interior Architecture) – 4 Years
- Des-ID (Interior Design) – 4 Years
- Des-VC (Visual Communication) – 4 Years
- Des-PD (Product Design) – 4 Years
- Des (Interior Design) – 2 Years
M.Des (Luxury Design & Innovation)- 2 Years
The university was established in the year 2012 for imparting good quality education to the students and to evolve a culture of growth and dynamism. Here you will find 100% job placements, tie up with the international universities, international students across the world, highest level of professionalism and it is also the only university certified by Pearson. The students can look forward to the design and implementation and the admission process on the official website of the university. It will guide the students in the most efficient way.
Some of the top recruiting companies are as follows:
• ABB Industries IT Development
Other corporate partner with University includes:
• Tata Sponge Iron Ltd.
• Welspun Steels Ltd.
• Bihar Foundry & Castings Ltd.
• Invert Sugar India Pvt. Ltd.
• Sarika Industries
• Meenakshi Enterprises
• Eagle Securities
• Sarda Energy & Minerals Ltd.
Avantika University, Ujjain
It is a cross disciplinary, private university which is located in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh. It is supported by the Maharashtra Institute of Technology and design. It is one for the first designed centered university in India. The transformative learning centre is something which inculcates a sense of learning and development among the students. The main aim of the university is to provide excellent education to the students and to cultivate the young minds so that a positive change can be experienced by the society. It helps the students to cultivate learning strategies and empower the way of development and growth.
The university offers the courses of fashion design and development for the aspirants. One such course is Bachelors of Design which is an intermediary course of 8 semesters and is a four year course. It is basically a full time residential program for the fashion design aspirants. The eligibility requirements for this course are as follows –
- The student must be have 10+2 qualified from any stream from any state board, it may be CBSE, ICSE, ISC, IB, NIOS.
- The student must have scored at least 60% aggregate marks in all the subjects.
The detailed application process will be available for the students on the official website of the university. The students need to appear for the design aptitude test to pursue the course. There are various specializations offered under the course such as –
- Industrial design
- Communication design
It is also known as IITDM Kancheepuram and IITD&M Kancheepuram. The university is an institute of national importance which originated in the year 2007 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It has been established for the aspirants so that they are able to learn the engineering education, research and designing trends in the industry.
Undergraduate programmes offered
- Computer Engineeering (COE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineeering with specialization in Design and Manufacturing (EDM)
- Mechanical Engineeering with specialization in Design and Manufacturing (MDM)
- Smart Manufacturing (MSM)
Dual degree admissions offered by the university
- Tech – Computer Engineering + M. Tech – Computer Engineering (CED)
- Tech – Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in D&M + M. Tech – VLSI & Electronic System Design (EVD)
- Tech – Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in D&M + M. Tech – Signal Processing & Communication System Design (ESD)
- Tech – Mechanical Engineering with specialization in D&M + M. Tech – Product Design (MPD)
- Tech – Mechanical Engineering with specialization in D&M + M. Tech – Advanced Manufacturing (MFD)
Post graduate courses offered by the university
- Des – Communications Systems (CDS)
- Des – Electronic Systems (EDS)
- Des – Mechanical Systems (MDS)
- Tech – Smart Manufacturing (SMT)
Other popular Design Institutes are-
- Amity University, Jaipur
- NID, Ahmedabad
- Pearl Academy
- Satyam Fashion Institute, Noida
AngelMstyle:- Indian Fashion Blogger