It’s that time of the year again. Valentine’s Day.
You might panic about your plans, but there’s no need to panic about your Valentine’s Day makeup or beauty routine. Because we’ve got you covered!
Whether you’re having a pampering night in with friends, or enjoying a fancy dinner with your significant other, these products are sure to make your Valentine’s special this year.
Bedroom Eyes 💘
It’s best not to step too far from your comfort zone when it comes to your eye makeup.
You know what works best for your face. Stick with your favorite mascara, false lashes (if you wear them), and liner this Valentine’s Day. Switch it up a little with the eyeshadow instead!
Huda Beauty’s Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette is ideal to create a range of versatile looks with just one palette.
Eye Look Options
- The neutral, earthy tones mesh well with a brighter lip color.
- Maybe you’re tired of the classic bright red or pink lip for Valentine’s Day. Why not change it up a little this year? Try going neutral with the lips and experiment with pinks or reds on the eyes. Add a small amount of pink or red to your inner eyelid area. Blend it with a gray or brown shadow for a more wearable look.
Did you know that bright eyeshadow colors are a key trend for 2019? Just keep the color subtle and tone down your overall makeup look to avoid looking like a punk rock star!
Kissable Lips 💝
Once you’re finished with the eyes, it’s time to tie the look together with a lip product.
Have your lips steal the show in a bright red or pink shade, or let your eye makeup do all the talking by opting for a glossy nude instead.
Lip Product Options
- Keep it classic with a bright red. Fenty Beauty’s Stunna liquid lipstick in ‘Uncensored’ is a beautiful universal red shade, and promises a kiss-proof 12 hour hold (essential for Valentine’s smooches!).
- Prefer pink? Pat McGrath’s MatteTrance™ Lipstick in shades ‘Polaroid Pink’ and ‘Extravaganza’ are creamy and hydrating despite their matte finish.
- Want something much more subtle? Opt for a gloss. Kaja’s Heart Melter Lip Gloss Stick
provides a moisturising hint of color without being too in your face. It’s available in red, pink, and neutral shades to match any makeup look.
Love Heart Nails 💞
No Valentine’s look is complete without signature red or pink nails. Choose a color to match your lips, or break the rules by clashing with a red-lip pink-nail combo!
Nail Polish Options
- NAILS INC’s Less Bitter More Glitter duo is perfect for red hot red nails. Paint each nail with the ruby red shade, and finish off with a layer of the glitter polish on one finger for a statement look.
- Or how about pink to make your man wink? OPI’s Tokyo Collection features four beautiful pink shades. Perfect for a sweet look on Valentine’s Day. Wear your fave color on your Valentine’s date and save the rest for spring and summer.
Pampering Night In
Self Love ♡
Maybe you’ve had a rough start to the year? Looking for a pick me up? The Feelunique Treat Yourself Edit includes everything you need to unwind for a relaxing Valentine’s night in.
The kit include a range of pampering products as well as a handbook full of positive mental wellbeing tips. If that’s not enough, 3 GBP from each purchase will be donated to the mental health charity ‘Mind’. Help others while you treat yourself this Valentine’s!
Pamper Sesh Guide
- Start off your self care evening with a relaxing bath: make use of the bath bomb, deep cleansing mask, and shower cream for silky smooth skin.
- Continue the TLC sesh by lighting the scented candle, applying two of the jelly eye masks, and treating your skin to the regenerating glow night cream.
- Spray the deep sleep pillow spray on your pillows for a good night’s sleep, and unwind before bed with the ‘5 Ways to Wellbeing’ flip book for some positive mental wellbeing tips.
Thank U, Next 💔
Is your friend healing from a broken heart? Cheer her up with a girls’ night in this Galentine’s Day!
Girls’ Night In Essentials
- Bring the Treat Yourself Edit to your girls’ night, or grab a few face masks and eye masks to use while you watch movies and munch on popcorn.
- Bath and Body Works’ Cherry Blossom Best Friend set is a thoughtful mini gift to cheer her up.
- Help take her mind off her ex by trying something completely new. Grab some ingredients from the convenience store to make your own natural makeup setting spray.
Those are my top beauty products for Valentine’s Day. What are your plans this year? Heading out or staying in? Let me know down below in the comments!
Laura shares beauty tips & tricks, reviews products, and evaluates academic research related to makeup at Makeupscholar.com. She is a recent MSc. Economics graduate, and has been obsessed with all things makeup and beauty related for over 10 years!