Heya How are you all ? Today i am going to tell you about How to Look After Your Antique Earrings! Do you have a beautiful collection of antique jewellery, or perhaps a stunning pair of antique earrings that you want to keep around for a long time? Antique jewellery is exquisite. It sparkles. It serves as a precious family heirloom. For those reasons alone, it is important to ensure you properly store, clean, and look after your antique pieces to avoid getting them damaged.
What Could Damage Your Antique Earrings and How to Avoid Damage
There are a few things to keep in mind when caring for antique earrings. Here are a few elements that could lead to deterioration over time:
- Scratching – you should never store your antique earrings in a way that they will rub against each other. Keeping them close together and lead to scratching and loss of stones. Leave a little room between earrings and, even better, keep them in a soft pouch or wrapped individually in soft cloths. Visit Kalmar Antiques in Sydney to see an exquisite selection or earrings. Fashion blog
- Temperature changes – any changes in temperature can affect the glue and lead to stones falling out, so be sure to keep your earrings in a cool, dry place.
- Moisture – moisture is jewellery’s biggest enemy. Moisture acts as a breeding ground for rust damage and the pitting of metals. This is why it is critical that you are careful about wearing your antique earrings in moist places, like pools, saunas, the beach, or rainy weather. Chlorine can be especially damaging to metals and stones. Make sure your jewellery is completely dry before cleaning, too, and before you put your earrings away.
- Household chores – make sure you remove your earrings if they risk getting caught on anything or being splashed with chemicals when doing household chores. Lifestyle blog
- Containers – unfortunately, not all containers are the same, especially when it comes to storing jewellery. Oak cabinets emit fumes that can damage your items, so avoid oak jewellery boxes. Many items come in small boxes that are designed to store the piece. Even these can cause damage over time as they often contain sulphur which is damaging to silver and gold metals. Besides soft cloths and pouches, choose plastic or metal containers, or even zip lock bags. If you are looking for a beautiful set of antique earrings, check out this elegant collection.
A Few “Don’ts” To Be Mindful Off
- Avoid putting your antique earrings on before using body spray, perfume, hairspray, and makeup.
- Don’t take your antique pieces on holiday unless you are going to be realistic about your chances of losing it in transit or even the prospect of being robbed in a foreign place.
- Avoid wearing your precious pieces to the sea. You want to avoid moisture, and you also don’t want to risk losing your heirlooms or beloved jewellery at the bottom of the ocean!
There are several things that could damage your antique earrings. Make sure you follow the above tips to take care of your earrings and ensure they continue to be a precious family heirloom for a long time to come.
You can also check my Last Post : THAT LITTLE BLACK DRESS
This is all About How to Look After Your Antique Earrings.